Sunday, April 5, 2009

Roast

So I know this is a weird title, but I thought I would write about a tradition in my family. For as long as I can remember my parents and brothers would put a roast in the over before church and then when we came home from church it would be ready and we would all sit down and eat within 30 minutes of walking through the door. When Jason and I started to date and then got married he would always be there for that Sunday tradition and loved it. So we decided we would continue on with it. Well our first year of marriage we did not need to worry about cooking on Sunday for ourselves we would just go to his Mom's house who would cook us an AMAZING roast. When we moved to Florida I decided I would try and cook the roast. The first time I tried I tried it my parents way, I put in the over just like they did and left for church. I did not think about the fact that my roast was 3 times SMALLER then the roast they would cook for 10 to 20 of us. :)

Anyways to get to the point of walking down memory lane. I have attempted 4 Roast since we have been married and I have ruined all 4 of them. So today I decided I will attempt again since I have made all the mistakes in the past. I wanted to try it my parents way again so I put in the oven to brown and walked away. About 10 minutes later I noticed all this smoke in the apartment and decided that the roast was probably brown so I went over to check on it and opened the oven. This is when i noticed the OVEN WAS ON FIRE! So I put out the fire and opened all the windows in the apartment and the door. I pulled the roast out that was not on fire and decided to cook it on the stove top like my Mother-in-Law. I started it on the stove and forgot I had just taken the pan out of a 500 degree oven and what did I do I grab the pan with my bare hand and now I have a burn. SO I will finish cooking this roast and I will NEVER attempt to cook one AGAIN! I will just have to wait until my Mom or Mom-in-Law wants to visit to get one.

I hope all has enjoyed this story as I am typing it I am laughing and I had a good laugh with my Dad. Lets just say I think today Jason is missing the simple and easy roast that my parents and his mom makes. :) Hugs and Kisses to all who read this! :)

No comments:

Liz & Jason's Music