Jason and I have gone through 6 years of on and off fertility. The last 4 years we have been more aggressive with the treatments. 6 IUI's later, loads of hormones, and natural treatments later we have decided to start the foster to adopt program. We are currently on a waiting list to try IVF in April of this coming year. So why we wait we felt like we needed to take this step.
We started our foster to adopt classes on Tuesday Oct. 9th and it has just taken off from there. We have classes every Tuesday and Thursday from 6-9pm which are LONG but worth it. I have learned so much already and feel heartbroken about how many children go through the system. It has been interesting because unlike a regular adoption going through the State you foster to adopt, meaning your first priority is reunification with the birth family for the child. Then if that does not work you start the court process to adopt.
I have a wonderful experience to share with all of you that will hopefully turn into one of the greatest blessings of our lives, but for now you will have to keep reading and waiting for when I finally get to post about this. We have an opportunity to become parents to a sweet baby girl but at this point we are not going to go public with some of the information. Prayers are needed and VERY much appreciated. I am overwhelmed by all the love and support that we have through past and present friends and family.
This story that I am so ANXIOUS to share with all of you brings me to tears every time I think about it. I am grateful that God has blessed Jason and I with friends and family who touch our lives everyday. I look forward to keeping this blog up because even if this opportunity doesn't work out we are on a journey that will change our lives forever.
Much love to all of you who want to follow this blog and ANY questions you have please post and I will either answer them HERE or in a PRIVATE email.
11 years ago



1 comment:
Oh, I hope it works out! That baby girl would be so blessed to have you as parents! PRAYING it works out!
Post a Comment