Tuesday, April 20, 2010

SO BAD

I have not blogged in ages and my sister would like me to blog more. My mother thinks I am crazy and have fun stories to put on my blog. So here I am changing up my blog.

The picture I put up on the top is one of my favorites, I know you cant really see our faces but this was taken the day Jason's ship came into port in San Diego for the first time. It was hard having Jase gone most of last year and I was so excited that he was home. I think all military wives understand why I love this picture so much. :)

Jason is gone, he left for Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. He is passing his boards and will go to SWOS (in Rhode Island) in august and then he will have his pin. I am so glad that he is finally getting it. This has been a huge stress on him for awhile. Other than being gone most of the time he is busy trying to figure out how to finish his masters. We just found out that his ship will be in the ship yard for only a few months. We also found out he is scheduled for a deployment May 2011. His time on the ship is up in December of 2011 but will probably be extended until after the deployment, which will be 8 months. Needless to say I am NOT excited about that.

I am going crazy. I finally found a job that will be a May-Aug sales job and I am way excited about it. It is a door to door job and sounds crazy but I am excited that I will be busy and killing time for school to start in AUG. Jason will come home in July (well June but he will be in and out so much in June that I say July) then he leaves in AUG for Rhode Island. My cousin will be moving in with me from May-Aug and David and I will work together. I am excited to have people living with me so I wont be alone.

We did our first round of fertility and the doctors think that I responded to the medicine well and they are hopeful. Jase and I have decided that when the time is right it will happen. We both want to take that next step in our lives and add to our family but it will happen. I will keep everyone posted with the fertility updates. Our next round wont be until July.

I leave tomorrow for Oakland, CA and I am so excited. My cousin David is getting married and I am so excited. I fly in tomorrow, the wedding is Thursday, the reception is Friday, and I come home Saturday. It is a short trip but I am excited that I will see cousins, aunts, uncles, and my brother and his family. David and his wife will move here after the open house in Utah next week.

I just realized I have not posted anything about my birthday month. OH WHAT A MONTH! So Jase left 2 weeks before my birthday to get his ship ready for commissioning. I was really upset because I had a few fertility procedures that week and he had to leave. I started the medicine that I was supposed to take for the procedure and that is when everything went down hill. I started to not feel well about 2 days after I started taking the meds but I decided I could make it to the procedure. The meds worked and I started my cycle and it was so heavy and I had major cramps because this was the first cycle I had had in a LONG TIME.

Then the doctors put me on another medicine after about a week to stop my cycle and prepare my body for the procedure. After I had taken the medicine for a few days I my blood pressure jumped up really high. I woke up on the Monday night before the procedure I woke up about 2am and my heart was racing, my whole body was shaking, and my blood pressure was 190/110. I got up and got dressed and started to walk out of my room to get my purse and keys when I almost passed out. So what do you think happened next. I decided to go back to bed because I couldn't drive myself to the ER I was to out of it. Anyways lets just say this was the WRONG thing to do. I should have called someone to take me (now in my defense I really felt bad about waking someone up and this is why I didn't call). I called my Doctor on Wednesday and told them about what was going on and she was really upset that the other doctor had put me on that medicine without looking at my chart. I guess I AM NOT supposed to be on that stuff and that is why it affected me so bad.

Thursday comes and I go in for the procedure, I was still bleeding and was really weak from the meds and my blood pressure was still high. They did the procedure and sent me home. I was in a lot of pain and went home to bed. I stopped taking the medicine after that day. Well Friday I called my regular doctor and told him everything and they told me to go to the ER right away. So I went to the ER and they did an EKG 2 times and then put me in a bed where I sat there for 6 hours while they kept taking blood, ultra sounds, and a C-scan! They came in and told me that they needed to do the C-scan because they thought I had a blood clot in my heart. I was freaking out.

Jason's ship had pulled into port in LA that weekend, but by the time he was off watch everyone else had gone home and he couldn't get someone to switch duty days with him. So I was sitting in the hospital stressed and worried that I had a blood clot in my heart with Jason only a few hours away. Thankfully all the test came back clear and the discharged me and told me never to take that medicine again. Kristi Heller was nice enough to take me to the ER and then wait while I was in there all day. We arrived at 11:15 and I was discharge at 7:30. When I got into the car she made sure I was okay then she told me she had some bad news. My friends baby 14 month old baby had passed away.

This was really hard for me to deal with, I had just been discharged and was upset that Jason was not there and I thought my life was so horrible. Then when she told me that it was like all of my worries were nothing compared to Mitzy's. We went from my hospital to hers and sat there with her until about 10pm. My friend took me over to another friends house and we just sat there and cried and I made phone calls to other friends to tell them what had happened.

My brother had heard that I went into the ER and so he jumped in the car and started to drive down from UT to San Diego. He got in about 2am and then we went to sleep. The next morning I packed and got everything together. I dropped some stuff off to Mitzy and headed out of town to UT with my brother. On our way to Utah I started to bleed really heavy again. I was really weak the whole trip and by the time we got there I was bleeding like crazy and could hardly walk without feeling faint. I went to bed and just took it easy the next day. On Monday I called my doctor and they told me that when I stopped the medicine it started another cycle for me and I would probably bleed for a week.

I stayed at my Grandmas house and she took really good care of me. She wouldn't let me walk up and down the stairs and made me eat. She was amazing and by the end of the week I felt like a new person. ( I was still weak but had some energy back). I came home and started to help my friend with the funeral. My mother-in-law flew in the next week and we went up to see Jason for his commissioning. The commissioning was wonderful and I will post pictures soon.

Lets just say my birthday came and went without me really realizing it. I was so happy to find out that Jason's ship was coming home from the commissioning for a few weeks before they would leave for Hawaii. I couldn't even imagine living alone after all of this. I was weak and scared. I felt like at any moment I could fall apart. Jason being home for a few weeks helped me a lot and I feel like a new person.

I am sorry for such a long post but I guess that is what happens when you don't update enough. It is now almost May and life is back in order and I am feeling much better.

I am SOOOOO thankful for a brother who would drive 10 hours to pick up a sister in need. I am so thankful for my friend Mitzy and the example she is to me. I am thankful for wonderful friends and family who care so much about me and will do anything for me. Life is wonderful and all though we have trials that we feel like can break us, when we get to the other side of them we are much stronger and can see the purpose of those trials. That is all for today but I will take lots of pictures at the wedding and will post when I get back.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I think we need a chat ASAP because I HAD NO idea about 3/4 of this stuff. I am so sorry for your friend and her family. I am so sorry for everything with you'r bleeding and weakness. I'm glad that you are feeling better though! Miss youu and Love you!!

Liz & Jason's Music